Wolcott Foundation FellowshipDeadline Extended: February 5, 2024
The Wolcott Foundation assists enthusiastic and highly qualified incoming Master's students seeking a career in government service. The assistance from the Foundation provides the selected student with partial tuition funds, allowing pursuit of a graduate degree as a Wolcott Foundation Fellow from the George Washington University (GWU).
This tuition assistance comes with a two-year post-graduation public service stipulation. It specifies that the scope of Public Service cannot be with an elected politician or an organization that is not government sponsored. This requirement is the cornerstone of the Foundation’s belief in public service for the good of the citizens of the United States.
The Wolcott Fellowship covers graduate degree tuition to a maximum of $30,000.00. The award is to be considered a grant (not to be repaid) if upon graduation the recipient is employed for two years in government services (federal, state. or local level), in international affairs, or in selected international business in the private sector.
- Applicant will be pursuing a master's degree and has not previously earned an advanced degree
- Applicant has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.80 during their undergraduate study.
- Prospective student in the George Washington University's School of Business, the Elliott School of International Affairs, or the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration starting in Fall 2024.
- Applicant is a U.S. Citizen
Required Application Materials
- Application (if you do not yet have a GW ID, please list "n/a" in the GWID field)
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts
- (2) Letters of reference (can be academic or professional references)