The Office of Student Financial Assistance administers financial aid to graduate students, including Loans and Work Study.

Scholarship funding will impact the amount of loan money that may be borrowed. Any awards should be reported to the Financial Aid Office on the Verification of Outside Awards Form.

MD Candidates

MD Candidates in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) should contact their respective financial aid office; all other students in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences should refer to the Office of Student Financial Assistance for information regarding financial assistance, including filing financial aid application materials.

Law School Students

Students enrolled in the Law School (GWLAW) should contact their financial aid office. The GW Law Financial Aid Office administers a variety of institutional scholarships, need-based grants, and loans that are awarded on the basis of merit or financial need.

International Students

United States citizenship or an eligible non-US citizen status is required for Federal Student Aid (such as student loans). Learn more about eligible non-US citizen status on the Federal Student Aid website.  

Undocumented Students

Visit Federal Student Aid for more information about aid opportunities.