Military Funding and Financial Assistance

Active-duty personnel, veterans, or dependents of veterans may be entitled to varying educational benefits. GW’s Military and Veteran Services provides information and details on what support is available.

If you are a veteran, active duty service member, or a military-affiliated dependent, you may be eligible for:

  • Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill ®
  • Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
  • Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill ®
  • Chapter 35: Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) Program
  • Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill ®: Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
  • Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program

If you are active-duty personnel, veteran or dependent of a veteran, please also reach out to your prospective school or department as some may have additional opportunities to support your graduate study. Nationally, there are other opportunities to support academic study such as the Tilman Scholar Program.