Phi Delta Gamma Graduate ScholarshipDeadline: February 15, 2024
Phi Delta Gamma, a national graduate fraternity founded in 1922, actively supports graduate education in all fields of study. Members have earned or are pursuing advanced degrees and represent high standards in scholarship, professionalism, and service. Phi Delta Gamma is a unique interdisciplinary organization, committed to the advancement of graduate education.
The Beta Chapter of Phi Delta Gamma provides an annual award, known as the Phi Delta Gamma Scholarship, to a graduate student who is a candidate for an advanced degree in any school of the George Washington University and who shows scholarship, financial need, and promise. Students do not need to be members of the organization to be eligible for this award.
Although scholarship recipients are determined by the end of the Spring Semester, scholarship monies are only available for the following Fall Semester. Scholarships are awarded for GW tuition purposes. No cash grants are given. Awards are stackable* and vary from $1,000 - $2,000. (Note: fees are not covered by these awards and Summer Sessions are not covered by these awards.)
- Applicant (part or full-time student) must be studying at the Foggy Bottom campus.
- Have completed at least nine (9) semester hours of graduate work in their program at the George Washington University by January 2024
- Students working in a benefited position at GW are not eligible.
- Students studying at GW Law School, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Milken Institute of Public Health or in an Executive program are also not eligible.
- 2-3 page essay about short-term and long-term goals
- GW Faculty Member Recommendation
- GW Graduate Transcript