AmeriCorps Matching Award
AmeriCorps alumni interested in using their Segal Education Award for graduate study at the George Washington University may be eligible to have their award matched by GW.
- Be a current or incoming GW graduate student
- Be an AmeriCorps alumni and apply your Segal Education award to qualifying education expenses related to graduate study at GW
- Be studying in an eligible school on the Foggy Bottom, Virginia Science and Technology, Mount Vernon, GW Alexandria Education Center or Corcoran Campuses*
*This award is not applicable for study at the Milken Institute School of Public Health, the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences, the GW Law School, the GW School of Nursing or for Distance Education programs.
- Complete the application form (accessed via the fellowships application portal) prior to the start of the semester when you'd like to use your AmeriCorps funds.
- Attach supporting documentation of the total amount of AmeriCorps funds available to you AND your AmeriCorps payment request.
- Documentation can be either an official letter from AmeriCorps or a screenshot of your My AmeriCorps portal page. For more information about accessing your My AmeriCorps portal, please see the AmeriCorps webpage.
- Instructions for requesting AmeriCorps payment (PDF).
Frequently Asked Questions
While you can apply prior to being accepted into GW, we recommend submitting the application post acceptance to prevent delays in processing.
GW will match AmeriCorps funds but the matching award will not exceed total tuition costs. Matching awards do not cover fees.
AmeriCorps releases their tuition payments in two transactions during the semester independent of GW’s calendar.
AmeriCorps distributes their awards independent of GW’s academic calendar. It is therefore your responsibility to make sure that your account is not delinquent.